Are you looking for a challenging position within a dynamic working environment and lots of career opportunities? Then we are looking for you!
You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. As a software engineer you will offer specialized programming expertise. You will be the key person tying together all high tech technologies involved to create our machines: motion, data acquisition, RF, Robotics, electronics,…
• Participate in the integration, validation and commissioning of software
• Implement project related hardware and participate in the machine set up process and calibration
• Functional testing of machines and processes
• Support activities and initiatives for continuous improvement
• Support the proposal and design review process as required
• Work closely with the software team and use internal and effective development methodologies and documentation review
• Develop & perform custom made technical trainings to national and international customers
• Evaluate system architecture, risk assessment and validation plan
• Select software components in function of specifications
• Execute national & international interventions independently
• Document and communicate lessons learned in projects
• Coaching junior software engineers
• A Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited engineering or physics program
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming, FPGA, RT, Vision, Beckhoff, motion, FEM analysis, system design
• In-depth knowledge of the machine building industry
• Experience in software development in C++, C#, Halcon, Python, Matlab, Siemens S7 & TIA is a plus.
• You jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects
• Strong interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly
• Team player, able to work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
• Ability to take on role of technical leader for specific projects and work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
• You enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems. You have a strong ownership of responsibilities and you escalate issues when necessary
• Mobility: Up to 30% at customer site.
• Multilingual: Fluent in English, written & spoken
We offer a challenging position within a dynamic working environment, career opportunities and an attractive salary package.
WaW invests 1/3rd of the profit we make by employing you in the social project Make-it-Work. In this way you contribute on giving work to young people who are very hard to employ.