Responsible for chasing outstanding invoices and play a vital role in the cash-flow of the organization ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively. It is also the responsibility of a Credit Controller to manage debt recovery, which if a client has paid late or missed payments could involve stopping the supply of goods and services or undertaking legal action, at worst dealing with bankrupt businesses to negotiate recovery of funds.
- Ensuring customers pay on time by chasing debt by telephone and e-mail.
- Investigating and resolving issues relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Deciding whether or not to release an order
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Prepare files for transfer to the Debt Collection Agency/Lawyer
- This position would suit an individual who is driven by results and is target driven.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Recognize potential risk for company that should be escalated.
- Establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Liaise with other departments within the company to ensure the best possible service is given to the client as well as ensuring prompt payment is received.
Good understanding of Excel, Word and Outlook
Excellent communication skills at all levels
High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail
Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
Being flexible to deal with multiple customer accounts
A first experience in credit collection is a must.
- Bachelor economy, accounting or similar knowledge gained by experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial mindset
- Stress resistant
- Proficiency knowledge of Dutch / French
What we offer you :
- Employment contract for unlimited period
- A fulltime employment
- A competitive salary package
- Working environment with career opportunities