The Core Talents method is a quick and accurate technique to map 23 Core Talents. Together they constitute the blueprint of your personality. They refer to your:
- nature, this means 'who you are': your character, traits, personality characteristics.
- potential, what you 'will be able to do': your classic talent or the things you are good at, provided that you have the minimum required physical and intellectual abilities, the right training and sufficient exercise.
- intrinsic motivation, what you 'want': your enthusiasm to do something.
As a candidate you will have the opportunity to go through a Core Talents questionnaire. This takes barely half an hour, it is fun to do and it takes you back to your childhood, to your favourite toys and to your interests. These tell everything about your 'being', about what you will be able to do if you learn it and about what really makes you tick. This is because you liked to play with something that struck your nature.
A Core Talents report gives you an extended insight into your personality, motivation and potential. This strengthens your self-esteem and gives you an extra asset on the labour market and throughout your career.
As a customer you can use the Core Talents method for recruitment and internal promotions. A better knowledge and an in-depth understanding of people's motivations increases the chances of a successful employment and a successful internal promotion. A prior consultation of the skills and the Core Talents that are expected make it a powerful tool.
Other applications include:
- Team composition: does your department have all the necessary in-house talents? Are the team members' profiles homogeneous or rather complementary?
- Group dynamics: What kind of reactions can you expect in a given situation?
- Individual coaching : which talents can the employee further develop?
- Ofman Core Quadrant: which Core Talent triggers which trap? What are the challenges?